Do You Ever Really 'Finish' Your Family Tree?

Why is it that people think that you can finish your family tree?

What does a finished family tree look like?

  • Do you want to publish a book? 
  • Do you just write it up on a chart? 
  • Does it get put away, never to be looked at again?
  • Do you find as many people as you can on Ancestry.com in 12 months & then call it quits?
  • Do you fill in as many 'blanks' in a software program?
  • I've gotten back to my 3xGreat-grandfather, so I'm finished?

Well, I've got to tell you something...I'm not finished.  Now into my 46th year of research, I don't even feel like I've scratched the surface.  I've got lots of names, dates, pictures, newspaper articles and other details & information - but I don't feel like I'm anywhere near finished.  Just ask hubby, he's waiting for his family history (in a written form) & feels "jibbed" that he hasn't seen anything yet.  Yet, I've discussed his family many, many times over all the years that we've been together (39yrs). 

So tell me...why do I have to "finish" my family history?



My Family History - Published!
Source:http://www.clipartpanda.com/categories/history-clip-art


I call it, a "Work In Progress".  I've been constantly told not to run my life to someone else's timetable.  So that's exactly what I'm doing.

I'll never be "finished"...and I'm OK with that!!!

So tell me below, how long you have been researching your family tree?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Back In Recent Times

When Is A Birth Certificate Not A Birth Certificate???

How A Young Man From War-Torn Germany Found His Utopia On The Other Side Of The World Part One